Friday, May 20, 2011

That's What's Up

   This is a picture of some locusts. They come around in bunches every 13 years. They make loud noises too.
   Anyway, this picture doesn't have much to do with what this blog post is about. I just thought I should put it up here.
   Do any of you get annoyed that you're not as intelligent as you would like to be? I do. I sometimes just don't feel like I am very smart, but I am sure grateful that God doesn't require us to be smart to know truth.
    Some scriptures in the Bible help me feel better for not having more going on in my noggin.
  
Here are a few examples in 1 Corinthians 2.
1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirt of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  

   I am sure grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is willing to give us knowledge through the Holy Spirit. I don't understand why some things are the way they are, but I do understand how I can receive Spiritual knowledge from Heavenly Father. Because of this, I know that the Church of Jesus Christ has been brought back through Joseph Smith. I do know that the Book of  Mormon is the Word of God. I know what I need to do to return to live with God again. PTL! (that means Praise the Lord).    
   

 
 .
   

3 comments:

  1. Those look like cicadas to me. Like the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, they are cicadas, but cicadas are colloquially called locusts in some parts of the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelvin. I had to look up that word colloquially though. I just know that they are stupid, noisy bugs that are fun to throw at your companions.

    ReplyDelete