Saturday, June 4, 2011

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

   Here in Franklin yesterday, we did not have a very good day. I have been wondering why the day was not so great. No big reason has stuck out in my mind of why our day was a drag, besides the fact that I think we let the little things bother us.
   Growing up, when I would make a fuss over something, I would occasionally hear my mother telling me old sayings like "Don't sweat the small stuff", or "Don't cry over spilt milk".
   I wonder how many of us take the time to notice an awesome sunset like this one to the left. Sometimes we may be so concerned about the hustle and bustle of regular life, that we don't even pay attention to things like this.
   It is neat how we can always make a choice to focus on the positive and be happy or we can always think about the things that aren't going exactly how we would like. I'm sure we all know people who never seem to be doing very well, and we all know people who never seem to be doing bad. Is it that some people are just lucky and have easy lives? I don't think so. I think that it mostly depends on our attitude.
   I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I sure want to be one of those people who always seem to be doing well. Its great though, because we just have to decide to! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment